Sunday, April 08, 2007

Manners

it's been a busy week! back to japan, new junior here, blablabla , i'm sure i've mentioned that already. anyways, i thought i'd bring my junior(kien) to osaka for a little shopping(small for me, big for him). it was during this trip that i had my worst train ride experience in the year that i've been here. train was late by 10+ mins and that was a little shocking but the train that came was full! see, it takes 3hours o so to go osaka and we were supposed to have hanami at 1030. since d train came late, i couldnt do anything bout it but i thought i'd get on the full train to not be that late. kien n i squeezed like tuna or sardines in tin cans. my hands literally couldnt move. then you're at the side of the train and when the train turns, u think the whole train is going to tilt over!

now about manners. we reached a station where we had to change trains. there was a small queue but it was quite in order. to my shock and disbelief however, when the train came, the so-i-thought japanese rushed in like mad people to get a seat!i saw this lady pull down the seat and jumped on it in fear someone else would take it. to be fair, she wanted her elderly father to have a seat. but my whole image about a well mannered japanese society was shattered within minutes.

so i got there about 1045-1100 and to my surprise only one group was here before me!to my anger the 1hour away group CHOSE to come late because they knew it wasn't going to start early. their rationale? since it's a malaysian event, we're following malaysian time, i.e if the invitation is for 1030 , it won't start untill 1230. it actually only started at 1!! blah,i can't say i've never been late before but i always try to make it on time.

oh yea,on my way back, it snowed! but i was stoned in the train and groggy to even feel anything about it. the train went slower though to be safe. i just slept through the whole time.

some pics of cherry blossoms. not the best of shots, weather n time as excuses :P



3 comments:

Eehui said...

haha daijoubu - i think you did a good job! at least for ppl who missed sakura like me, i felt like i ve already seen it myself =p
it seems like i ve got too many things bout my japan trip to blog about that i havent even been able to finish writing up on them =D

cl3m` said...

hahaha.. take your time, u still can blog about it anytime u want :)

Kelly said...

Talk about punctuality huh?Next time I'm so not going to join this event anymore..