Monday, February 04, 2008

6 months..half a year..

i never took so long editing photos. actually it didn't take me 6 months but over the course of time, i tried to edit it and couldn't come up with something that i reasonably like.everytime i went through the bunch of pictures, i just couldn't think of how to process the pictures. i actually gave up hope,hehe until last week at least. well, i admit i've never been good at portraits and i still am not. my one aim this year is to try to improve on it :P

black and white conversion. sharp eyes :)i retained the color on this but lowered the contrast here, i think it suits the mood, especially when she's smiling.
again black and white. added abit of noise too but it's not too visible as the picture is kinda small.
this has gotta be my favourite. i actually had to crop it, something i dont do that often.b&w conversion, abit of noise here and there and upped the contrast.the mood, the movement, the expression was just nice i think.

any comments?

7 comments:

Crabbed!! said...

who's the chic??

cl3m` said...

she's a friend of mine.

Crabbed!! said...

Aiseh...friend only?
Hmm....Is she SARS(not bird flu stuff ..but Single And Really Sexy)? Can intro to me?
I can look like a nice guy when i smile. When I smile, my eyes will somehow narrow down until it looks like 2 straight lines....and I also like to smile a big smile, lips stretching from ear to ear....

=)

cl3m` said...

hahaha, i dont mind introducing but she's like really really far away. u do know she's not japanese?

stevelee67 said...

seems like u really like black&white picture!!

to me,the 1st 1 is the best

cl3m` said...

hehe, black and white has more 'feel'

why no 1?

Brian Lee said...

i hafto say..the model is great looking.

anyway. i think u still nd to jack up the contrast a little. and try dodging the bright parts and burning the shadows...makes the bnw image more impact...noise is fine with bnw potraits (my fav too :P)

composition and exposure i guess shdunt b a prob to u haha. But if u do plan on making bnw, i do suggest underexposing.

that's wat i learnt when i bnw my stuff :P