Sunday, January 07, 2007

Was a boy, still is a boy

it's now 941am. the ceremony will begin in 20 mins, why am i still blogging here? today is 成人式 , adult ceremony. in japan, it's the day to pray for 20 year olds, the day this little kids become adults and enter society. it also means alot of drinking and smoking( not that they've not tried it already) i was invited to the ceremony today, me being 20 still. i intended to go.(mainly just to see girls in kimono.. it's not everyday 20yr old chicks dress up in kimono.. if not never?)i woke up at 7, had a hearty breakfast, got dressed and i went out at around 840am. then all hell broke loose. actually hell already started but i was just being an idiot. see, of all days, it had to snow! snow like a madman, i tell you, the crystal maiden must be behind this!it's only the 2nd time i snowed here this winter but why now?!?! so let me tell u how much of an idiot i was. i thought to myself,'it ain't so bad, just a lil snow won't kill u'. the warning signs were already there as i stepped out of the building, 'splash''splash' it went. i totally ignored this warning and headed of to my bike-mobile. i hoped on and went on my journey to become a man!

not 5 mins later, i was regretting my very decision.i moved slowly, my left hand holding my umbrella( wasn't much of a help at all...) while my right was steering the bike through the oh so white road. then a car zoomed past me , and splash! crap, my pants are soaked with dirty mud water. but i chose to presevere, i toughen up and continued my journey to become an adult. another minute later, i looked at myself and so myself covered in brownish white snow.. dang, there goes my suit..dry cleaning expenses on the way! yet i still decided to go.. the thought of kimono chicks was just too alluring. and hey, it's a one of a lifetime kinda thing.. i don't get to be 20 every year u know. so i headed on and on and blah, my glasses started to fog up!(i'm gonna complain to jane's mother! :P ) with visibility worse than a 600 api haze, i could barely see anything. to add the troubles, my hands were getting tired, the umbrella was getting heavier n heavier, snow aint light! then the finishing blow struck! i overshot the turning. i gave up. i'm all drenched. even though i found the right turning, i decided to head back, i'd get sick if i continued to dress like this. in the end, the kimono chicks will always just remain in my memory..forever and ever and ever.. i failed to become a man, an adult. the only man i became was a snowman....

p.s: there's one positive i took from all of this, the scenery was just awesome.. i'm waiting for this blizzard to 'cool' down a little before i head back out into 'hell'.

shit.. finally something readable in my own blog :P

3 comments:

Kelly said...

to think ur last straw was a turning..Of all days too huh?too bad..readable entry?hmmm,agree

Anonymous said...

snowman? hahaha.. i havent even seen snow. =(

no pics of snow in gifu? or the snowman? XD

cl3m` said...

ahahaha..lol.. quite far ma, d place.. like 10-15 mins away :P snow pics will be up pretty soon.. went out again when it was so heavy :D