Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ski Trip Part 1

my ass hurts, my legs are aching but it was definitely a good experience. about 30 foreign students from the 5 colleges in the toukai area went for a ski experience. it was fun but i guess i wanna be home next year for christmas with my friends and family.

i took more pics than i thought i would have.. maybe because i did alot of panning but without realising it, i my 1gb card was full. anyways, this is part 1 of the trilogy, part 1 :overview, part 2: ski ,part 3:people.

1. norikura friendship hostel, our accomodation for 2 nights. better than i expected. only shortcomings was the hard pillow(but most traditional japanese styled beds are like that) and the early assembly. i don't mind it being early but a 700am, it's the best time to take pics!2.another view of the place.3.on the first day,before reaching the hostel, we went to takayama festival museum . the takayama festival is really popular n famous here n would love to see it live one day, if time and money permits :P this is a pic of it's deco.4.playing with my zoom once again =)5.beside the museum is an insect museum.. the got a really colorful collection of dead butterflies here :P
6.views around the hostel.. snowy rocks

7.playing with the zoom and low shutter again.. love the effect .. hehe
8.loneliness9.icicles
10.playing with photoshop..colors are blown out but somewhat interesting. 11. sunset skiing12.sunset on the horizon13.getting ready to go ski!this are the happenings during the 1st n 2nd day, didn't take any ski shots then cause it's impossible for me to carry my camera and ski :P day 3 will have lots of it!

my impressions of skiing? not that easy and dangerous :P after one day, i could somewhat ski but i still cant really brake and control my speed properly. the ski flew loose from my shoe a couple of times cause i was too fast when i fell.. kelly, my dear friend broke a bone. could have been me anytime. but atleast, it's only on the left palm. could have been worse,hope she gets better =)

stay tuned for part 2!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

getting better o!
i like no.10. kipitup! =D